How toprotect yourself against Periodontitis?
Healthy Smile Center - Marcin Woliński – Periodontist
In more than 90% adults, Periodontitis, was found to be associated with:
- ineffective oral hygiene (results in plaque and tartar build-up),
Periodontitis is a set of inflammatory disease the periodontium or the tissues that surround and support teeth. Periodontitis involves progressive loss of the alveolar bone the teeth, and if left untreated, can lead to the loosening and subsequent loss of teeth.
- The symptoms include:
- Gum redness or bleeding.
- Recurrent gum swelling.
- Halitosis, or bad breath.
- Gingival recession, resulting in apparent lengthening of teeth.
- Deep pockets between the teeth and the.
- Loose teeth.
The best way of preventing Perodontitis and keeping your teeth healthy is practicing good oral hygiene:
- brushing teeth and gums at least twice daily
- flossing at least once a day
- rinsing teeth with mouthwash
- regular dental cleaning (every 6 six to 12 months)